Carbon Monoxide stops the blood carrying oxygen, which, depending on how much is inhaled, can be fatal or lead to serious injury. It is particularly dangerous because you cannot see it, smell it or taste it. It is known as the silent killer for that reason.
Carbon Monoxide is one of the gases emitted by car exhausts and is a common way for people to commit suicide.
Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can be easily confused with common illnesses and ailments and may lessen when you are away from home.
- Confusion and clumsiness
- Persistent chest or stomach pains
- Blurred vision or hallucinations
High levels of CO can kill in minutes